Monday, April 9, 2007

NVidia Back In

I could not wait for my RMA to clear with New Egg, so I pulled my X1600 out when I got home from work and took it to Circuit City to exchange for a 7600GT. The prices were identical, so it was an even swap. After a bit of tinkering, it's in and performed just fine. I'm curbing my enthusiasm at this point as I thought the X1600 was doing well until we used it for a while, then it went to crap. However, after watching 2 episodes of 24 in HD tonight, I'm cautiously optimistic. I've still got a few issues I'm wrestling with, but it appears to be pretty solid. And yeah, it's WAY faster than the X1600. There are no noticeable artifacts at this point in SD broadcasts and there is no tearing in HD content.

As soon as I get the RMA'd card back from new egg, this one is going back to Circuit City as it's $70 more than the one I'll be getting from New Egg!

No comments: