Saturday, April 14, 2007

Everything's in Place

After getting in 18 holes this morning, I came home and pulled everything together. The STBs are hidden in the cabinet, the cable DVR is disconnected, and the PC is sitting in its probable home right next to te cabinets. I'm sitting here, watching gof in Hd and it's flawless on my replacement 7600GT. I'll be bringing the 'rental' back to Circuit City tomorrow.
About 3 weeks worth of tinkering, 2 different sets of RAM, and a grand total of 4 video cards later, my Vista Media Center PC is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Fast, smooth, quiet and cool (literally and figuratively.) I've got it loaded up with about a week's worth of the LW's programs, 10 movies ripped onto it, all of our music and pictures, 2 standard def tuners, 2 high def tuners, and the option to go to Firewire recording as well, if I want to. i put the cables in place, but have not connected them yet.
So, when Jen gets home from visiting her family tomorrow evening, she's not going to have the cable DVR in place, and is just going to be looking at the PC and the surround sound receiver.
Of course, these projects are never "done" but this is finally in a condition in which it's stable and ready for every day use.

No comments: